Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Appreciation

I never believed I could be a writer. But I always wanted to be one.

At one stage of my life I started writing poetry and the few people I shared it with seemed to really like my work. But unlike many poets I could never write unless the correct inspiration hit me. Which meant I wrote very rarely and very little. My last one was written 11 months ago.

My father and a friend pushed me into starting a blog. Then dad introduced me to a community of bloggers (Dud Sea Scrawls). I started writing with a vengeance and if I were to go by the comments I received, not only do I write well, but my subjects are interesting also.

The poetry fizzled out and so did my blogging… Until a few weeks back! I wanted to create a one page write up on the Indian festival of Diwali for my customers all over the world. This led me to thinking of writing about all our Indian celebrations (an idea I have been toying with since college) and so I created this new blog.

Again the words of appreciation started coming in. To be very honest, for me, appreciation of my writing is akin to a hedonistic pleasure.

And then something happened to over shadow everything. My fiancé saw my new blog and sent me an email. I have never known such appreciation before. This has to be one of the biggest compliments I have ever got. It left me speechless. It is too wonderful to keep it private. With his consent I am publishing it here for the world to see.

------

That was awesome jaan... I just read your new blog… Every time I think you outdid yourself, you go ahead and do it all over again… It was fantastic love; absolutely amazing…

It’s like you have taken the festival, your wishes and your rangoli to a different level… Your idea of the virtual rangoli has actually taken it to newer places outside the confines of your house into the millions of homes that are going to read it and celebrate the festival wishing you even if they don’t write back…

I can’t imagine what its like to be you, to have that creativity and the… JAAN I AM SIMPLY OUT OF WORDS, it is fantastic...

Thanks for a wonderful Diwali present to all of us… I say that not just for myself but for all the people that are going to read this… JAAN SIMPLY AMAZING…

HAPPY DIWALI LOVE.......

& WE WILL HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR AND A WONDERFUL LIFE AHEAD.....

Love
JJ


------

What can I say to this? Thank you so much JJ… your words mean the world to me and you even more so.

All the signs tell me not to stop writing. I hope I don’t, because I really enjoy it, and I hope you don’t stop reading and commenting.

Here’s to lots of creativity and many more writings… Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I know now much more about the Diwali celebrations, and I thank you for informing me, and letting me share. Look forward to logging on again and to keeping up to date you in the future.

Regards
Beverley from London