Saturday, October 29, 2005

One day more

The festive bug has got to me. Everything I need to do tomorrow, I want to do today. I didn’t even feel like coming into work. It’s the weekend…

This time last year…

The clay lamps are drying in the sun. My rangoli colors have come. Our gardener will get a garland for the door tomorrow. The prayer thali (platter) and other paraphernalia has been taken out and will be cleaned today.



What’s left? Ah! The rangoli design! A little research on the net and this is what I have found. I will take a print out and stare at it before deciding tomorrow what I will make.



The excitement is building…

And this year…

The boyas (read previous entry) are not available. Apparently people now prefer to use small candles instead. What a shame. I will have to hunt out some nice candles now to use this year. Soon after I finish posting this, I will go candle hunting. Also on the list are string lights. And some door handles (did I tell you we were doing up our new house).

I am also about to start a hunt for this year’s rangoli. I have decided that I will make the colors on marble work. So what if it takes a little more effort. It’s worth it. I’m thinking abstract art.

More tomorrow…

1 comment:

bilbo said...

gooodluck with the rangoli and the candles.