Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006 everybody…

It’s been ages since I posted anything on this blog. But then it’s been a while since I celebrated a festival.

Usually the month of December here in Ahmedabad, means a month of parties and more parties. The weather is the best and the nights are long. Since we have hardly any ‘discos’ to go to, most of these parties are privately held. Those who are well networked into the social fabric of this town get invited to most of these dos. The rest try and wrangle invitations however they can.

This year for some reason I seem to have fallen of the social horizon, or maybe my generation is getting a little on the older side for the people who host parties. Either way, there weren’t too many of these parties to go for. And luckily it didn’t matter, because for a better part of the party month I was sitting sunning myself on the beaches of Goa with my family (will post a travelogue on my other blog soon).

Over the last few years Christmas / New Years has been becoming more and more popular even in the little town of mine. Buildings are lit up. Stores are decorated. There are loads of gifts for Children and Santa Claus is everywhere.

Christmas Eve 2005 I was in Delhi to celebrate my brother’s birthday (24th December) with him. We were all geared up to go party at a place in Noida, but circumstances made us turn back and we brought in Christmas at home watching the 3 Tenors live in Beijing on TV.

New Year’s Eve was much more fun. A friendhad invited me to join their gang at her place for a Barbeque. It was just 11 of us and it turned out to be one of the best parties I have been to in a long time. Thanks Apara for including me last night. There are some pictures but I will have to wait for Visha to send them to me. When she does I will place some here.

I don’t remember the last time I woke up on the 1st of January without a hangover. I take it as a good start to a new year.

Here’s wishing everyone a brilliant 2006!

No comments: